Marc Weise, MD
Dr. Weise was born in California, but relocated several times during childhood and teen years since his father was a career Marine. After attending high schools in 3 states, he graduated in Middletown, Rhode Island. He completed his undergraduate schooling at MIT, graduating in 1980. He then attended medical school at UC San Diego, graduating with an MD degree in 1984. He went on to complete an internship and orthopaedic residency at the Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans, graduating in 1989. He completed an additional year of fellowship training and research at the prestigious Cincinnati Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedic Center in 1990.
Dr. Weise moved to the central coast of California in 1999, after practicing for 9 years in St. Louis, Missouri. While in St. Louis, he served as team physician for 3 high schools, the St. Louis Community Colleges, and was also an assistant team physician for the St. Louis Blues Professional Hockey club. Locally, he volunteers as the Team Physician for San Luis Obispo High School. He has also served as the Chief of Surgery at Arroyo Grande Hospital and on various hospital committees. Dr. Weise has been Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery since 1992 and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA. 1976-1980.
- Medical School: University of California at San Diego SOM, La Jolla, CA. 1980-1984.
- Internship: Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, LA. 1984-1985.
- Residency: (Orthopaedic Surgery) Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation,New Orleans, LA. 1985-1989.
- Fellowship: (Sports Medicine, Biomechanics, and Joint Reconstruction)
Cincinnati Sportsmedicine and Orthopaedic Center. Frank R. Noyes, MD, Program Director. 1989-1990.
His areas of interest and research include:
- arthroscopic (microinvasive) surgery
- knee ligament reconstruction and repair
- cartilage regeneration and joint preservation
- minimally invasive joint replacement
- sports medicine
- rotator cuff repair
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, July 10, 1992 (96th percentile). Recertified January 1, 2013 (95th percentile)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- California Orthopedic Association
- California Medical Association
- San Luis Obispo County Medical Association
Hospital Affiliations (Active Privileges):
- Arroyo Grande Community Hospital
- French Hospital Medical Center
- Sierra Vista Medical Center
- Oak Park Surgery Center